Apply Now: Student Internships, Drone Ambassadors, and Press Corps
The Kids Drone Zone is a non-profit Global Drone Education organization. Our mission is to serve as a global educational resource for youth and adults to learn about all aspects of Drones and Unmanned Autonomous Vehicle (UAV) and how Drones Do Good. Photography and cinematography is just one way drones are being used for good. Our internships give interns a well-rounded experience and knowledge of about Drones and producing a film/photos with drones, as well as experience working for a non-profit. Internships are a great resume builder.
Interns assist with building drones, teaching flying, administrative duties, and event planning, research, and coordination. Please note that while an internship with KDZ is a great way to get connected to the Drone community.
Basic Requirements for all Interns:
Must be at least 15 years-old. (High school and College Students)
Must work a minimum of 5 hours per week (hours can range from Monday through Sunday, 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM) You will not work every week.
Must be available to work a select number of after-hours events (some events are off-site). Depending on the nature of the event, hours worked may be applied to minimum hours required
Must work a minimum of 4 months (16 weeks) Internships are unpaid
Interns should be energetic, outgoing and enjoy working with the public. Interns should have excellent written and oral communications skills, phone manners and organizational abilities.
After School Program utilizes a strategic curriculum:
- Drones and Writing: Scholars not only learn to build but also are given writing assignments that require them to speak (or even meet) with scientist and engineers from around the globe.
- Aviation concepts are learned like Bernoulli’s principle and students learn how to predict things such as stall speed by using Math
- Electronics principles: Scholars learn to wire microcontrollers and electric motors
- Chemistry: battery chemistry and capacity in order to truly understand drone design and function
- Drone Cinematography- School related; 2 Field Trips (Non-school day)
- Equipment:3D Printing, Tablets, VR, Flight Computer, Engineering Software
- Skills: Team Building, Leadership, and Character Building Skills and Much Much More!
To maximize student’s engagement this year, Kids Drone Zone scholars will participate in several new initiatives:
- Classrooms without walls allowing scholars to engage student’s from around the globe and share ideas and concepts with scholars in Australia, Europe and Africa.
- KDZ is introducing Virtual reality to the program
- Our Scholars will build a global platform model for scholars around the world to learn from.
- International Youth Drone Photo/Film Festival –Scholars around the globe will take and Photos/Films with a drone and submit to a competition for a prize starting August 20th
The application process for the 2016-2017 Kids Drone Zone News Press Corps is now OPEN! Complete the online Join our Team application.
The Kids Drone Zone is currently KDZ recruiting International student reporters (from around the world), who will serve as international correspondents.
About KDZ Press Corps
Members of the Kids Drone Zone News Press Corps cover news stories for Kids Drone Zone .org and KDZ Newsletter and magazines. The program is open to all students ages 10-17 with a desire to be a journalist. The selection of Youth Reporters is based on writing ability, interviewing skills, and attention to detail.
You will be invited to events around the globe and in your local area and serve as a KDZ reporter. You will conduct interviews, write articles, and create videos, tweet, snap chap, Instagram and more! The real benefits of a KDZ Media Correspondent aren’t things, or even films—they are the experiences you have and the people you meet from around the globe.
Supplies We will provide you with press credentials. You must be prepared to take notes (have a small note pad and pen with you at all times), and if possible, record the interview. If you do not have a tape recorder or smart phone with recording capabilities, you need to have someone with you to help take good notes during interviews.
Photographs: You must have access to a digital camera for still or video. You can e-mail pictures to us to accompany your article. You will upload videos/photos to your cloud account provided to you and we will retrieve them from there. You may also enlist a teacher or family member to help with taking pictures. Take a variety of shots. Be sure to tell us who took the photographs and/or videos you submit.
Transportation: It is up to your parents/guardians or teachers to transport you to and from an event or interview. When necessary, the KDZ News Press Corps editor will work with you to get credentials for both you and a parent/guardian. You should never arrange to do any interviews alone. You must have an adult with you at all times.
Kid Reporters are chosen by Kids Drone Zone Press Corps editors, and the 2016-2017 Youth Reporter team will be announced in late September
KDZ Youth Reporters are chosen by KDZ News Press Corps editors, and the 2016-2017 KDZ Youth Reporter team will be announced in late September 2016.
Interested …send KDZ your Bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Separate Page- Under KDZ Press Corps KDZ Press Correspondent Program
2016-2017 Kids Drone Zone News Press Corps Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Kids Drone Zone News Press Corps Reporter! In order to be considered, you must be between the ages of 10-17 (must be 10 years old by November 1, 2016) and complete and submit all of the following:
* a typed news article (maximum 400 words) about a person or an organization making a difference in the world of drones, unmanned systems, unmanned ground vehicles, unmanned under water vehicles in your community state, province, area. The article must include at least one quote from at least one interview.
* a typed essay (maximum 250 words) that answers the questions: Why do you want to be a KDZ Youth Reporter? What do you hope to learn as a KDZ Youth Reporter?
* two ideas of stories about Drones that you would like to work on as a KDZ Youth Reporter.
* a basic background information form that lets KDZ Youth Press Corps editors know more about you.
* a Student Release Form (form provided by a Kids Drone Zone must be completed and signed by your parent/legal guardian). Send if selected
* a recent photograph of yourself that, if you are selected as a Drone/UAV Reporter, will appear on a Kids Drone Zone News website when we announce the new Youth Reporters (submit color photo via email)
Send all of these materials electronically to: email@example.com
Background information to include in your email:
Kids Drone Zone Youth Press Corps Student Reporter Background Information needed:
Name: Street Address: City: State: Zip: Your Date of Birth:
Grade in School as of September 2016: (We need this information so we can send you materials as necessary through the year)
Home Phone Number: E-mail Address:
Parent(s) Name(s): Parent(s)
Work Phone Number(s): Parent(s) E-mail Address(es):
Names of Siblings:
School Name: Favorite Subject(s): Favorite Book:
Favorite Music: Extracurricular Activities and any Clubs or Organizations you are a member of:
What do you like to do most in your spare time?
Do you have a blog or, if you are old enough, are you on any social media (such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumbler, Instagram, etc.)? (If so, which one(s)?)
Besides English, are you fluent in any other languages? (Is so, which one(s)?):
Which career are you most interested in and why?
Who has inspired you most in life?
WRITING SAMPLES WRITING SAMPLES MUST BE TYPED. NO HAND-WRITTEN SAMPLES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
1) A 400-word news article about a person or an organization making a difference in your community. The article must include at least two quotes from at least two interviews.
2) Two ideas for stories in your community that you would like to work on as a KDZ Youth Reporter. These ideas can be about people, events, or organizations. But they must be in your community.
3) Answer the following questions in a total of 250 words or less: Why do you want to be a KDZ Youth Kid Reporter? What do you hope to learn from being a KDZ Youth Reporter?
Complete the online Join our Team application.
Should have some sports experience.
Email your resume and why you want to intern is less than 200 words. Provide your career goals and long range plan on how you will achieve them.
The Kids Drone Zone is looking for outgoing and enthusiastic ambassadors (from around the world) to serve at events like Age of Drones, Drone Film Festival, International Drone Day, Makers Faire, our year-round programs like SUN-N-FUN Fly In, Drone Outreach, Drone training and more! Being a Drone Ambassador is about helping young people from around the world share their stories on a global platform. However, the real benefits of a Drone Ambassador aren’t things—they are the experiences you have and the people you meet from around the globe.
Complete the online Join our Team application. Apply Today!
Kids Drone Zone is Mobile. We Come To You!
Call or email Today to have this program at your location
Phone: 346-704-0112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See How We Have Fun
We reserve the right to cancel any camp/class that does not meet minimum enrollment or for other unforeseen circumstances.