Prepare For An Aviation Career
All Locations have Available Slots as of January 18, 2020
AE Locations: Sandy Springs and Douglas County
What is Aviation Explorer?
Aviation Career Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women from the 6th grade to 18 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of Aviation. Aviation Exploring is a youth development program centered on various types of aviation careers including becoming a drone pilot and other UAV careers. Scholars also learn to build, code, and fly drones. Ask about our Drone Pilot Training Classes to obtain an FAA Drone Pilot License.
A note from our Advisers: It is our Goal to help your scholar succeed in the aviation industry. We are very excited and welcome you to this innovative program. Please note : This is a hands-on technology and career planning and exploring program designed to help your scholar plan for and pursue an aviation career!
Sandy Springs and Douglasville
Sunday Afternoons; Starts February 2020
Meeting Twice Monthly! One meeting is in a classroom setting and the other is a real world aviation experience!
6th grade to 12th grade
Registration is Open
Drone Pilot Training Classes- To earn Your FAA Drone Pilot License
Hands-on Aviation Experience
Build Code Fly Drones
Drone Racing Squad
Plan an Aviation Career
Scholarship Workshop for Parents of Middle and High School Students
More About The Program
Aviation Career Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women from the 6th grade to 12 grade with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of Aviation
Aviation Career Exploring combines exciting hands-on activities with interactions with aviation professionals representing a wide range of careers. You will experience firsthand what it’s like to be a pilot, aircraft mechanic, flight engineer or air traffic controller.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Aviation and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Aviation.
– Scholar’s will not only explore Aviation but also learn to build drones, code drones, and fly drones and participate in drone competitions.
– Any scholar in the community can join (including home schooler’s)
– Meet twice monthly – (Girls and Boys)
– College & Career Readiness preparation
– Scholarship Opportunities
– Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
– Leadership experience and social network development
Scholar's Engage In
– “Hands On” Aviation Career Experiences; Career Goal Building, Develop Scholarship Plan
– Plan and pursue your Aviation Career
– Build Code and Fly Drones
– Aviation Cyber Security
– Aviation Nurse
– Aviation Software Developer
– Leadership, Communication, Decision Making; Aviation/Technology Field Trips
– Orientation Flight and Aviation Ground School; Character Building, Career Network /Internships
– Aviation camps; Volunteering at Air Shows; Analysis and Evaluation; Alliance with the Aviation Industry, EAA
– Planning and Sequence of Events, Team Building, and Time Management
– Networking and mentorship opportunities
– Resume Building
KDZ strongly believes Technology and Science education is the Key To SUCCESS! This aviation program specifically geared towards assisting scholars to learn about, engage, and plan for and pursue careers in aviation.
Aviation Careers To Be Explorered
- Drone Aviation (Pilot, Agriculture, Drone Delivery, Drone Software, Programmer)
- Aviation Architect
- Gasoline Chemist
- Aviation Meteorologist
- Flight Attendant
- Air Traffic Controller
- Aviation Cyber Security
- IT – Software developer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Avionics Mechanic – Pilot (Corporate, Commercial, Cargo)
- Airport Management
- Aviation Fashion Designer
- Aviation Commercials
- Airport Operations
- Aviation Maintenance
- Tech Ops
- Aviation Human Capital
- Airport Maintenance
- Airport Safety
- Aviation Attorney
- Aviation Physician
- Airport Design
- Aviation Fashion Design
- Aviation Doctor
- Aviation Nurse
And many many many more!
Upcoming Field Trips
Drone Building Continuous
Drone Fly In, February 16, 2020
Orientation Flight in a Plane, March 21, 2020
Aviation Career Day- April 25, 2020
Airport Behind the Scene Tours- TBD
Aviation/Drone/Technology College Tours-March TBD
Flight Simulators- TBD
Network with Aviation professional
Community Service- TBD
And much more!
Additional Aviation Explorer Info- Cost
– Location Sandy Springs and Douglasville
– Annual Application $50 and $50/month program fee
– Includes Insurance, Drone building Materials
– Any scholar in the community can join (including home schoolers)
– Additional activities
-Additional cost for Drone License Training
This Could Be You!
Learn to Change Motors
What is an Eempennage?
What is a Fire Fighting Drone
We Keep You Informed and Excited!
Atlanta Metro, We are headed to Daytona for Scholars to Tour Embry Riddle University October 23-24, 2020 Learn More About This Tour
Missed 2020 CES well we have you covered on the drone tech featured at CES! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbroGEhv_-E
The prevalence of the Coronavirus has prompted organizations in China to utilize aerial solutions to exponentialize impact.. Watch how drones are being used as a tool in a variety of ways to combat this outbreak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akeHcnIIqeg
Solitary confinement is no fun. Long term solitary confinement is even worse. The mandatory confinement in China due to the Coronavirus has sparked residents to use ingenuity to not only gain access to food but also add a little fun to their day. Did you say Steamed...
Imagine you are in an isolated environment where thousand are being infected by the Coronavirus and you have no ability to learn information. To enhance knowledge China is using drones to teach people about the Coronavirus. watch drones in action....
Will we be meeting George Jetsons’ flying car in the next half decade? Flying cars have been the talk of the town since the George Jetsons’ cartoon, September 1962. Uber and the automobile maker Hyundai have formed a strategic alliance to create a Flying Air Taxi...